Friday, September 12, 2014

Cucumber Bites

Yum

Crisp, fresh, cucumber slices on baguette spread with cheese.

Cucumber Bites:  Crisp, fresh, cucumber slices on baguette spread with cheese.



I first saw this simple appetizer on google plus from +Sara Zenner (Bitz & Giggles).  She topped the cucumber slices with fresh dill that looked amazing.  I didn't have fresh dill so I tried to sprinkle on some dried that just doesn't look as good (oh well).  She also used cream cheese while I used Boursin.  I love Boursin and keep it regularly stocked in my freezer--I don't know if you are supposed to freeze it but it doesn't seem to hurt it.  These cucumber bites are so easy to put together, it takes no time, you just slice, spread with cheese, and top with cucumber slices.

Cucumber Bites:  Crisp, fresh, cucumber slices on baguette spread with cheese.

This snack/appetizer would be nice to serve at any party and I believe it's even nice to have as a football snack.  I know most people think of wings, bacon, chips, and heavier fare when it comes to football snacks but in my opinion if you can pick it up and eat it while watching the game it's okay.  My husband didn't mind, and actually enjoyed, eating these during the game.  If you wanted to make these more filling maybe you could add a slice of sandwich meat to the combo.  It's nice to have something relatively healthy to mix with the beer and chips.  So put this appetizer out with your gameday spread and I think you will be pleasantly surprised that it gets eaten and enjoyed.

Cucumber Bites:  Crisp, fresh, cucumber slices on baguette spread with cheese.


Cucumber Bites

Modified slightly from Bitz & Giggles recipe

Ingredients:

Multigrain baguette, sliced
Boursin cheese, at room temperature (for easier spreading)
1 cucumber, sliced
Dried dill

Cucumber Bites:  Crisp, fresh, cucumber slices on baguette spread with cheese.

Take each slice of baguette and spread it with some cheese (I used the garlic and fine herb flavor).  Then top with a cucumber slice or two (depending on how big your baguette is).  Lastly sprinkle with dill.  Easypeasy.

Enjoy.

Cucumber Bites:  Crisp, fresh, cucumber slices on baguette spread with cheese.



Linked to:  Pretty Pintastic, Best of the Weekend, See ya in the Gumbo, Merry Mon, Two Cup, Tasty Tues, Tickle my Tastebuds, Wonderful Wed, Wed Roundup, Cook Craft Share, Full Plate, Eat Create, Freedom Fri, Foodie Friends, Food on Fridays potluck


Follow Joy Bee's board Joybee Whats for Dinner blog posts on Pinterest.

4 comments:

  1. What a great appetizer! Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing this awesome post with Full Plate Thursday.

    Come Back Soon!

    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the first picture, my first thought was that this would make a good football snack since everything else is so heavy. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Michelle. I'm always reluctant to call or use anything relatively light and healthy as a football snack so I'm happy to see that it's not too far off base. My husband will eat anything I put in front of him so anything can be a football snack :)

    ReplyDelete